A19 Sig

10 replies [Last post]
Anonymous's picture

What is the word for tomorrow's A19 ride? Right now weather.com says 80% chance of rain Sat. and 90% Sunday! Thanks,

Anonymous's picture
MJ (not verified)
completely virtuous reason for requesting a call...

Hate to pester you guys about this, but if it's going to rain all weekend, I'd like to ride after work tonight... Any chance we'll get a call in time to ride before dark?

Anonymous's picture
Ted (not verified)
Go for a ride

"It ain't looking good the whole weekend. It may not ""officially"" cancel until we see rain tomorrow morning(since Sunday also looks like a wash out), but at the moment I would get some exercise if I had the time."

Anonymous's picture
bikesherpa (not verified)

It's tough to call these things too early. The weather.com forecast has gone from 90% chance of rain on Saturday to 60%. Since Sunday looks like a definite rain day, I'm still keeping a slight bit of hope out for getting out on tomorrow.

How about having the option of doing a shorter ride on Saturday if it looks like we can sneak one in before it rains?

Anonymous's picture
Mordecai Silver (not verified)
Sunday looks like the better day

"NOAA forecast

Saturday: Periods of rain. High near 49. East wind between 14 and 17 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New rainfall amounts between one and two inches possible.

Sunday: Showers likely, mainly before 8am. Cloudy, with a high near 60. South wind at 7 mph becoming west. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New rainfall amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.

Good luck to those doing the Princeton 300km brevet tomorrow!

Anonymous's picture
Devraj Roy (not verified)

I'm betting that tomorrow's ride will be cancelled, and am riding this evening instead. If we do end up riding tomorrow, I'll have to draft a little more than usual...!

Wish the weather was a little more predictable. I don't mind the rain as much as waiting until 7:30am the day of to figure out whether we're a go or no-go.

Anonymous's picture
Richard Edmonds (not verified)
check later on

Before making a final decision, I want to discuss with the good doctor....but can't get hold of him right now.

My guess is the ride will be cancelled. Check back here later on tonight to find out for sure.

...so go get some miles in tonight if you feel the need.

Anonymous's picture
Ohhhh,, Please !!! (not verified)
Your Dr. is nothing but a ..


Look at him on the pic....
He looks like a BELUGA WHALE on abike!!!

Anonymous's picture
Ori (not verified)
Looks like Sunday's better

Here's my 2¢. The hourly forecast on accuweather.com show rain on-and-off all day Saturday and into Sunday morning, ending some time between 9:00 AM and 10:00 AM. Looks like a no-brainer to me... (go ahead, call me brainless, I can take it...)

Anonymous's picture
MJ (not verified)

Okay, thanks all... I'll take my chances and go ride, and hold off on the pasta.

But I'll be with Devraj on the drafting tomorrow if the weather shapes up.

Anonymous's picture
Richard (not verified)
A-19 SIG is postponed for Saturday

...we'll try again for Sunday so check back here Saturday night.

cycling trips