- ABOUT US
- Escape NY
- Message Board
NYCC Club Policy
- NYCC strictly adheres to an anti-harassment policy with its membership, volunteers, guests, and event participants.
- Our goal is to provide an environment free from tensions created by ethnic, racial, sexual or religious remarks, animosity, unwelcome sexual advances, or requests for sexual favors or other such conduct.
- Harassment includes, without limitation, verbal harassment (epithets, derogatory statements, slurs), physical harassment (assault, physical interference with normal work or involvement), visual harassment (posters, cartoons, drawings), and innuendo.
- Violation of this conduct may result in suspension or termination of membership privileges.
Club and non-club Events
- Non-cycling - Members are encouraged to propose non-cycling activities that they believe would be of interest to the membership. At the same time, these are not subject to meaningful ride coordinator review and the Board does not view them as official or sponsored activities. Consequently, non-cycling activities will not be included in our ride listings, although the message board will be available to promote them.
- Hybrid - Activities that combine a meaningful cycling component with another activity, will be considered “rides" and therefore eligible for inclusion in the ride listings, subject to normal ride coordinator review.
Both categories have been very popular in years past. Their scope and variety -- skating, hiking, kayaking, movies -- are testimony to our creativity in finding new ways to interact with each other. The policy is not intended to discourage any particular class of activities, but rather to balance fairly the institutional needs of the Club with the needs and desires of interested members.
Central Park Cycling Protocol
Jointly developed by a number of local cycling organizations, this protocol is a guideline for cyclists training in Central Park. Click here to view .
NYCC Message Board Policy
- The sole purpose of this board is to foster dialog among those who share a love for cycling whether they are NYCC members or not.
- Visitors are invited to express their thoughts, opinions, information, questions or whatever else is on their mind AS LONG AS IT IS CYCLING RELATED.
- We do not welcome and will remove any post that contains profanity, direct personal attacks or is in any way deemed offensive by the NYCC powers that be.
- Commercial posts are not permitted, however individuals may post items for sale or offers of bike related services in our Market Place .
- Informal rides may be posted, but in order to be considered an official NYCC ride, a ride listing must be submitted to and approved by a Ride Coordinator prior to the ride date.
- The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent those of the New York Cycle Club.
NYCC does not permit “anonymous” postings. Anonymous postings will be taken down.
NYCC requires that all users provide accurate and verifiable personal information. NYCC powers that be may, at its discretion, attempt to verify information for active message board participants. User accounts with inaccurate or unverifiable information or anonymous messages will be blocked and their posts on this message board will be removed.
New York Cycle Club (“NYCC”) welcomes you. NYCC.org provides access to a rich collection of resources and information for bicycle enthusiasts subject to the following Terms and Conditions, which may be updated by us from time to time without notice to you. Certain information, such as our weekly ride listings, may only be accessed by club members.
Member Account, Password and Security
By joining NYCC and/or creating an account on this website, you represent that you are of legal age to form a binding contract. All members under the age of 18 must obtain parental consent to join NYCC and must be accompanied by an adult at least 18 years of age or older on all club rides.
You also agree to: (a) provide true, accurate, current and complete information about yourself as prompted by the membership form (the "Membership Data") and (b) maintain and promptly update your Membership Data to keep it true, accurate, current and complete. If you provide any information that is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, or NYCC has reasonable grounds to suspect that such information is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, NYCC has the right to suspend or terminate your membership and refuse any and all current or future participation in NYCC.
You will receive a password upon completing the Membership registration process. Existing members are asked to reset their passwords by following the NYCC.org Upgrade Info on the Home page. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of the password and are fully responsible for all activities that occur under your password. You agree to (a) immediately notify NYCC of any unauthorized use of your password or any other breach of security, and (b) ensure that you exit from your NYCC login at the end of each session.
How NYCC Collects and Uses Your Personal Information
- NYCC collects your name, address, phone number, email address and other optional information such as, but not limited to, ride level preferences, and volunteer status. If you participate in a club ride, we will ask you to sign a release and provide your name, signature, and emergency phone number. Your contact information as well as your emergency contact information will be shared with the leaders of any ride you join.
- The Membership Director is responsible for the collection, maintenance, and accuracy of all personal information collected in association with membership activities by NYCC. If your personal information changes or you would like to review the personal information we have on file, please click on your account and then the profile tab.
- The Rides Coordinator is responsible for collecting release forms containing personal information. Release forms are only used for insurance purposes, and the personal information contained on the release form is not used by the club for any other purpose.
- NYCC does not release personal information to commercial interests or other third parties.
- NYCC shares personal information of members with other members depending on the member’s own privacy settings for the disclosure of personal information. Members will be able to publish personal information, including but not limited to name, address, and phone number, by means of a membership roster.
This section explains how your privacy settings work, and how your information is shared with other NYCC members.
Name and Profile Picture: NYCC offers ways to make it easy for you to find and connect with other members. For this reason, your name and profile picture do not have privacy settings. If you are uncomfortable with sharing your profile picture, you should delete it (or not add one).
Contact Information: Your contact information settings control (available when customizing your privacy settings) who can contact you through the online NYCC Membership Roster, and who can see your contact information such as your email and phone number(s). Remember that you are not required to disclose any of this information.
Online Data Security
NYCC keeps certain personally identifiable information on our web server which is connected to the Internet. We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. No method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is 100% secure, however. Therefore, while we strive to use best practices to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. If we detect or learn of any breach of security, we will inform affected members.
About the Message Board
You agree not to post any messages that harass, abuse or threaten other members; have obscene or otherwise objectionable content; have spam, commercial or advertising content or links may be removed and may result in the loss of your membership. Please do not post any private information unless you want it to be available publicly. Never assume that you are completely anonymous and cannot be identified by your posts. Never post another individual’s private information without that individual’s knowledge and without the individual’s express authority and consent.
A persistent cookie remains on your hard drive for an extended period of time. If you agree to allow any mechanism on the NYCC site "remember your username" and/or "remember your password," your browser may store un- encrypted data on your computer that may include but is not limited to your user name and password in plain text.
NYCC recommends that you use a unique password for our site (not the same password you may use on other sites). You can remove persistent cookies by following directions provided by the manufacturer of your web browsing software.
If you configure your browser to reject cookies, certain areas of our site, such as the online membership and ride listing systems will not work.
No third parties are allowed to read or write cookies associated with our site. No third parties write their own cookies on your computer as you visit our site.
We do not allow advertising on our site.
Links to Other Sites
This web site contains links to other sites that are not owned or controlled by NYCC. Please be aware that NYCC is not responsible for the privacy practices or content of such other sites. We encourage you to be aware when you leave our site and to read the privacy statements of each and every web site that collects personally identifiable information. This privacy statement applies only to information collected by this web site.
Changes in this Privacy Statement
We reserve the right to modify this privacy statement at any time, so please review it frequently. If we make material changes to this policy, it will be reflected in this statement, and we will notify members by means including but not limited to e-mail, our newsletter, or a notice on our home page.
You can view our current Bylaws here