2005 MS Bike Tour Marshals / Volunteers needed (Oct. 16)

  • Home
  • 2005 MS Bike Tour Marshals / Volunteers needed (Oct. 16)
2 replies [Last post]
Anonymous's picture

"The New York City MS Chapter will host its annual MS Bike Tour on Oct. 16th (Sunday).

There are 3 different routes that you can help Volunteer or Marshal:
1) 30 miles
2) 60 miles
3) 100 miles

Pls. e-mail me if you are interested in Marshaling one of these routes. I have some marshal applications for anyone who is interested in helping out.

Overall, 60% of the net proceeds from the tour supports local programs and services for people with MS and their families, and the other 40% supports national research. Only 18% of the gross revenues from the MS Bike Tour goes towards expenses.

For more information about this event, please click on the link below.


Best regards,


Anonymous's picture
Alfredo Garcia (not verified)


Many thanks to Anthony (as well as JP.) I'm glad I marshalled today, as a walk on, helping with the 60 mile route. Haven't marshalled it in years. Saw several NYCC notables, including Anthony. Got a closeup of someone's 2005 ENY mussette bag, either in blue or black.

My duties included directing traffic at River Road Police HQ, answering tons of questions about rest stops and piloting a group lost off the route.

I was touched during the opening ceremonies (no, not the exercise routine) when a young woman, spoke about living with the stricken disease and was riding the century with 40 other people.

Besides helping, I did some hard riding amidst terrible headwinds, met friends and had pizza at the finish. Plus two t-shirts (long sleeve for marshalls & a short sleeve---which my sister & mother got).

Will do it in 2006. Thanks again.


Anonymous's picture
Anthony Donato (not verified)
2005 MS Bike Tour Marshals / Volunteers needed (Oct. 16)

Good morning,

Many thanks for the NYCC members who had e-mailed me about marshalling for this event.

We will be contacting all the marshals & volunteers via e-mail next week w/ regards to check-in times, location, etc.. etc..
Marshal assignments will be distributed on Oct. 10th.

The NYC MS Bike Tour is anticipating more than 5,000 cyclists raising more than $2 million.

So far, we are still in need of marshals for this event.

Pls. e-mail me if you want to marshal any of the 3 routes for this fun event.

Best regards,

cycling trips