Weather watching

  • Home
  • Weather watching
2 replies [Last post]
Anonymous's picture

I just checked the weather for my Cold Spring ride on Saturday. It's actually a bit better than down here.

Chance of rain is only 10% until 1 p.m., then it jumps to 30% and that holds until at least 4 p.m.

So that's a 70% chance of not getting rained on. That's better than we've been getting.

As of now, the ride is on.

Anonymous's picture
Bill Vojtech (not verified)

I just checked the weather again. About the same, except a somewhat greater chance of rain after 4:00 p.m.

The ride's still on. Bring rain gear. We can cut off a few miles and get some deli food if things start to look bad.

Anonymous's picture
Bill Vojtech (not verified)

As of this morning the forcast is changed- 9:00 a.m. 20% chance, 10:00 a.m. 40% chance, 1:00 p.m. 60% chance.

That's too close for comfort for me. I'm going to go to GCT to cancel the ride in case anyone shows. I'm bringing my bike and probably riding back to Brooklyn. Some friends are doing laps in Prospect Park @ 10:00 if it's still dry. You're welcome to join us.

cycling trips