- ABOUT US
- Escape NY
- Message Board
Linda Wintner (left) and Jody Sayler; Linda was inducted on December 12, 2011, at the Holiday Party
NYCC Lifetime Members
NYC Parks and Rec
Volunteering at New York Cycle Club
We have no paid staff at New York Cycle Club, yet our Club bursts with vitality.
NYCC is a high-functioning engine with year-round offerings of rides, events, monthly programs, the SIG, ENY and the camaraderie of like-minded members who have found each other through their love of cycling.
If you, as an NYCC member, value what you get from the Club, then it is critical to remember that all of this happens solely from our collective efforts.
The point is... all of us make NYCC the rich community that it is.
To sustain it means we all need to contribute to this collective labor of love called NYCC.
There are so many possibilities!
Here is what you can do in 2012:
- Lead rides if you are already a confident ride leader
- Take ride leader training and become a ride leader
- Lead C rides for our newer members even if you’re a faster rider
- Become our Merchandise Manager and use your marketing skills and imagination to build sales
- Become our Incentives Coordinator and track volunteer efforts and awards of Club gear
- Take charge of our "Discounts to Members" page and develop new relationships to benefit members
- Coordinate our All-Class Ride
- Coordinate our Newcomers Ride
- Promote the Club at Summer Streets
- Develop your own program of interest for members at a venue you arrange
- Do you know Drupal? Are you a programmer? Work with our webmaster to refine the website
We love suggestions if they are accompanied by follow-through!
Remember there is no paid staff. It is only all of us who make things happen.
More of us pitching in to make NYCC a hive of activity equals a stronger, more vital NYCC.
In 2012 we are not going to lose sight of this fundamental fact.
For volunteer opportunities, contact:
General questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ride Leading: email@example.com
ENY Volunteer: firstname.lastname@example.org