- ABOUT US
- Message Board
Escape New York 2013
Saturday, September 21, 2013
A highlight of the fall riding calendar!
The Escape New York Raffle
VBT TUSCANY BY THE SEA BIKE TOUR
JAMIS XENITH BIKE
REI NOVARA BUZZ ONE BIKE
New York Cycle Club's annual classic offers four scenic, well marked routes – 25, 50, 65 or 100 miles – all beginning and ending at Sakura Park in Manhattan.
All offer picture-postcard views of the Hudson River and Palisades as you cross the George Washington Bridge and ride the serene roads of Bergen and Rockland Counties.
- 7:00 am: Century Challenge, 100 miles. A rolling full century through beautiful Bergen and Rockland counties.
- 8:00 am: Rockland Roll, 65 miles. Ramble on lightly trafficked roads to scenic Rockland Lake State Park.
- 9:00 am: Piermont Pleasures, 50 miles. A half century to the charming and historic village of Piermont on the Hudson.
- 10:00 am: Bergen Spin, 25 miles. A quick spin through the leafy suburbs of Bergen County.
Enjoy New York Cycle Club hospitality as we go all out to deliver a food- and fun-filled, fabulous day of riding to all our friends in the cycling community.
With gourmet muffins and scones at the start, well stocked refueling stops on all routes and New York’s best hero sandwiches and ice cream at the finish, we’ll keep you well nourished, whichever route you choose....and all included in your ride fee!
Our giveaways to early registrants: a commemorative, classy Escape New York musette bag.
(Check out our classy ENY jersey below)
New this year:
All ENY registrants over the age of 18 who aren't already New York Cycle Club members will be given a free trial membership! From now through September 30, enjoy great club benefits including member-led rides in the tri-state area; access to an extensive ride library; monthly club meetings featuring exciting speakers; fun social events; discounts at local bike shops; and more.
- All registrants will be automatically entered into a raffle of exceptional prizes to be drawn at Sakura Park after the ride!
- Limited SAG support is available on all routes. An emergency phone number is provided on your cue sheet.
- Helmets are required. Cue sheets available at the start.
- We ride rain or shine.
- Start/Finish: All rides start and finish at Sakura Park, located at 122nd Street and Riverside Drive, just east of Grant’s Tomb, near the 125th Street stop on the 1 and 9 subway, Manhattan.
New York Cycle Club reserves the right to limit day-of registrations based on early registrations.
Proceeds from ENY will go to these three wonderful charities: Recycle-A-Bicycle; I Challenge Myself; and Transportation Alternatives.
On-line registration is now closed. Day-of registration is $60.00 (cash only, please).
If you have any questions, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
The 29th Annual Bike MS New York City ride is taking place on Sunday, October 6! Choose your challenge – enjoy a traffic-free 30 mile route circling Manhattan, or pedal through a traffic-free Holland Tunnel in the 55 and 100 mile routes that wind through NJ before finishing back in Manhattan.
Whichever route you choose, it will be the most rewarding journey you’ll ever make. The route is fully supported with catered rest stops, bike mechanics, a full meal and support vehicles. A Finish Line Festival awaits you with great food, music, a beer garden, massage tent and photobooths!
The National MS Society’s goal is to raise $3 million dollars to support programs and services for people living with multiple sclerosis, and fund critical research to help find a cure.